7 – 8.15pm £6/class 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast
Thursday Nights at Potala are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way.
These classes will be guided by Buddhist Nun and Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. Chitta has been a student of Buddhist Master Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 14 years and was appointed the Resident Teacher at Potala KBC. Chitta has been teaching and guiding retreats all over Northern Ireland and is known for her warmth and down to earth approach.
Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. There’ll be an opportunity to relax, ask questions and drink tea after class if you wish.
- June 8th – Facing what we Fear
- June 15th – Feeling Suck in Life? Regaining Perspective and Clarity
- June 22nd – Am i enough? Insecurity (with world peace meditation)
- Aug 17 – Realizing the true nature of peace (with world peace meditation)
- Aug 24 – Managing Difficult Emotions
- Aug 31 – Constant Craving. Gaining peace within
- Sep 7 – The art of self compassion and compassion for others (with world peace meditation)
- Sep 14 – Ego. The enemy within
- Sep 21 – Dealing with social expectations. Embracing who we are
All are welcome. Each class is self contained so its not necessary to attend all of them, just those ones you are able to make.