7 – 8.15pm £6/class 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast
Thursday Nights at Potala are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way.
These classes will be guided by Buddhist Nun and Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. Chitta has been a student of Buddhist Master Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 14 years and was appointed the Resident Teacher at Potala KBC. Chitta has been teaching and guiding retreats all over Northern Ireland and is known for her warmth and down to earth approach.
Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. There’ll be an opportunity to relax, ask questions and drink tea after class if you wish.
- Thur 4 Jan – Living in the current of constant change.
- Thur 11Jan – Fear, anger, stress, fear…- dealing with strong emotion
- Thur 25Jan – Finding inner peace in the eye of our busy lives.
- Thur 1 Feb – The gift of presence- breaking free from auto pilot.
- Thur 8 Jan – Inner dialogue- friend or foe.
- Thur 15Feb – Projections of the mind- directors cut.
- Thur 22 Feb – The Ego- the ghost in the machine.
- Thur 8Mar – Meditation and mindfulness- the connection.
- Thur 15 Mar – Cause and effect- the correlation.
- Thur 22Mar – Overcoming the limited self- developing the limitless mind.
- Thur 5Apr – The limitless mind- the super power within.
All are welcome. Each class is self contained so its not necessary to attend all of them, just those ones you are able to make.