Zoom Thursday night and Sunday morning meditation classes with Gen Chitta right into your home, on your computer, tablet or phone!
- Thursday 14th May- 7pm- 8:15pm- Feeling an exponential connection. The power of mantra. with Gen Chitta
- Sunday 17th May- 10am- 11:15pm- Feeling an exponential connection. The power of mantra. with Gen Chitta
- AN OPPORTUNITY NOT TO BE MISSED 22nd May – 27th May- Spring Festival Online kadampafestivals.org/spring TALKS, MEDITATIONS AND A BLESSING EMPOWERMENT OF THE BUDDHA OF SPIRITUAL POWER, VAJRAPANI. WITH INTERNATIONALLY RENOWNED TEACHERS GEN LA KELSANG KHYENRAB, GEN RABTEN AND GEN LOSANG.
- Thursday 28th May- 7pm- 8:15pm- The constant search for happiness beyond ourselves. Finding permanent peace. With Gen Chitta
- Sunday 31st May- 10am- 11:15pm- The constant search for happiness beyond ourselves. Finding permanent peace. With Gen Chitta
- Thursday 4th June- 7pm- 8:15pm- Being the puppet of our delusions. The freedom of concentration. With Gen Chitta
- Sunday 7th June- 10am- 11:15pm- Being the puppet of our delusions. The freedom of concentration. With Gen Chitta
- Thursday 11th June- 7pm- 8:15pm- You are what you think. The power of wisdom imagination. With Gen Chitta
- Sunday 14th June- 10am- 11:15pm- You are what you think. The power of wisdom imagination. With Gen Chitta
- Thursday 18th June- 7pm- 8:15pm- Surviving in the flux of change. The habits of a Meditator. With Gen Chitta
- Sunday 21st June- 10am- 11:15pm- Surviving in the flux of change. The habits of a Meditator. With Gen Chitta
- Thursday 25th June- 7pm- 8:15pm- Applying Buddhist teachings to life: the pure practitioner. With Gen Chitta
- Sunday 28th June- 10am- 11:15pm- Applying Buddhist teachings to life: the pure practitioner. With Gen Chitta
These classes are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way. Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. Guided by Buddhist Nun and Potala Kadampa Buddhist Centre’s Principal Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. A student of Tibetan Buddhist master Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for 17 years, Gen Chitta has been guiding retreats in NI for the last 10 years and can offer gentle guidance and the clear wisdom of ancient Buddhist practice in a way that’s suitable for everyone of any age, background or belief.
Clicking on the BOOK button above takes you to a PayPal page. Click on the ‘Use this donation for’ drop down menu and choose the class you wish to book. Classes usually cost £6 full price or £3 concession. Please donate accordingly or as much as you can.
Once you make a donation and pick a class you will receive an email inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting with a link for access. Just click the link and follow the prompt to download the app. When you join the meeting you mic and camera will be off, and you can participate without your camera. Arrive tot he meeting up to 30mins early and you’ll just see the Buddha statue, and when it’s time for the class to start Gen Chitta will arrive and guide the first meditation.
We will be contactable by email on firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any issues connecting. If for some reason unable to connect contact us for a video of the class.
If you are a member, Potala volunteer or can’t afford to donate right now, fill out the form below with the date of the class you wish to join and we’ll send you the invite link.
Also available for on demand access for one week
Here is some recent feedback on Gen Chitta’s classes
I have attended several Meditation Classes via Zoom with Potala Centre led by Gen Kelsang Chitta. The classes are excellent and very close to the “live” experience of attending Potala Centre.
I usually turn my camera off during meditation and on during the teaching and that works great for me. The teachings from Gen Kelsang Chitta are as profound, accessible and relevant as always and the meditations relaxing and restorative. Having these classes available on Zoom is wonderful and they have become an essential part of my week. Valerie
In these uncertain times I think we all need some calm reflection more than ever! The zoom platform works really well and has allowed me to continue practicing meditation and the fact it is live stream helps you to feel connected to the class. With so much changing day by day, the opportunity to clear the mind, meditate and listen to a talk has greatly helped me to remain grounded and relaxed! Anita
Last week I attended my first ever session with Potala Centre after receiving a recommendation from a friend. I was concerned that the experience would be completely diminished using a video call but I am glad to report it was perfect. Lockdown has been stressful but the session last week helped to calm my nerves and realign myself to take on this challenge with a new energy and perspective. I would recommend this to anyone who is currently finding themselves exhausted from pandemic stress. Andrew
Gen Chitta is a wonderful teacher, using humor and examples from every day life to illustrate Buddhist teachings. Her gentle voice and rational explanations make great sense and help me to keep a peaceful mind during these uncertain times. The online classes work very well enabling us to share teachings and meditations even though we are far apart. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity. Catherine
I have valued the streamed classes as a way of keeping in touch with the practice of meditation and with Chitta’s always thought-provoking commentary. I’ll be hoping to continue to join in the sessions. Irene
Chitta’s sessions have been a real lifeline during these strange times of lockdown. I’ve attended three online meditation classes now and have already booked for another. Thankfully even when my income is low there are concession or donation options to suit my limited budget. Having been to classes in Potala I wasn’t sure how I’d find a virtual class, however the sense of community still persists. The relaxation and Chitta’s gentle reflections make the virtual sessions feel much more personal and engaging than I had imagined. I have even found that although I’m missing massage for pain conditions, the relaxation also eases my sore muscles. I think people who may be hesitant about attending a class may actually find the online session an easy introduction. As participants have audio muted there is no pressure to speak. You can keep your video off too if you wish and relax in your own home, not worrying how you look! I can’t recommend the zoom meditation classes enough. The mindfulness session allows time to reconnect with ourselves and helps to balance the current uncertainties of life. Thanks so much for the weekly chance to leave life’s stresses for an hour or so. Please keep them coming. Adele
Having participated in a few of the online meditations now I would highly recommend (and have done). I am so grateful for the online facility as every meditation and talk by Gen Chitta adds value to my week. Gen Chitta, thank you!! I always find the sessions give me a new perspective which I try to put into practice. The sessions are very easy to book and to join online. For anyone contemplating giving it a go I would say there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain so go for it. Angela
I really enjoyed my experience, the meditation was beautiful, I felt so relaxed and connected throughout. I look forward to joining again. this is the first time using zoom as I am quite resistant to technology however I found it simple to use. Thank you Gen Chitta. Ashlee