10 – 11.15am £6/class 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast
These classes at Potala are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way.
These classes will be guided by Buddhist Nun and Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. Chitta has been a student of Buddhist Master Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 14 years and was appointed the Resident Teacher at Potala KBC. Chitta has been teaching and guiding retreats all over Northern Ireland and is known for her warmth and down to earth approach.
Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. There’ll be an opportunity to relax, ask questions and drink tea after class if you wish.
- 17 Mar – Harmful viewpoints that cause fear and hate. The true perspective of humanity. NEWLY ADDED
- 24 Mar – The fullness of self. The emptiness of I.
- 7 Apr – Rigid beliefs that harm us and our world. Pressing reset on expectations.
- 14 Apr – Under the influence of strong emotions. Finding distance from our thoughts and feelings
- 28 Apr – The heart of living. The heart of dying
- 5 May – Dealing with depression. Radical view and practice.
- 12 May – Living our best life. Letting go of trying so hard.
- 19 May – Anxiety overload. Returning to inner chill.
- 2 Jun – Not hating the haters. Stepping right out of that cycle
- 9 Jun – At peace with yourself. A possibility?
- 16 Jun – The postponement of happiness. It’s only a purchase away.
All are welcome. Each class is self contained so its not necessary to attend all of them, just those ones you are able to make.
£6 per class pay as you go. £3 concession rate available on request. Members go free.