10 – 11.15am £6/class 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast
Sunday mornings at Potala are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way.
These classes will be guided by Buddhist Nun and Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. Chitta has been a student of Buddhist Master Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 14 years and was appointed the Resident Teacher at Potala KBC. Chitta has been teaching and guiding retreats all over Northern Ireland and is known for her warmth and down to earth approach.
Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. There’ll be an opportunity to relax, ask questions and drink tea after class if you wish.
- 10 Jun – Feeling lost, confused and disillusioned . Finding clarity and connection
- 17 Jun – The harmful stories we tell ourselves Identifying with our true wisdom
- 26 Aug – Stress fear and exhaustion. Caught up in the hamster wheel of life. Finding freedom in mindfulness and meditation
- 9 Sep – A life in crisis?Finding Existential Freedom
- 16 Sep – When Helping becomes a Hindrance. The Power of Good Intentions using Wisdom
- 23 Sep – The constraints of dogma and logic, The Power Of Imagination
- 30 Sep – Feeling presurised, tense and reactive Realising space and responsiveness in the mind. Gaining True resilience
- 21 Oct – Anger, pain and sadness. Quelling strong emotions with inner balance acceptance and peace
- 28 Oct – ‘Me myself and I’ – The insatiable ego. Liberating the wisdom self
- 11 Nov – The inner self critic – the war within ourselves. Finding lasting natural peace with the mind as our ally. The ultimate truce.
- 18 Nov – Modern world technology – information overload. Finding clarity and space through inner technology
- 25 Nov – Unrest and turbulence within our world. The Power of Love
- 9 Dec – Busy lives and cluttered minds – The fear of burn out. Connecting to peace and harmony within Using our natural resources
- 16 Dec – Our relentless quest for answers and certainty. Becoming the unknowing, unbiased observer. Realising wisdom