10 – 11.15am £6/class 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast
Sunday mornings at Potala are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way.
These classes will be guided by Buddhist Nun and Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. Chitta has been a student of Buddhist Master Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 14 years and was appointed the Resident Teacher at Potala KBC. Chitta has been teaching and guiding retreats all over Northern Ireland and is known for her warmth and down to earth approach.
Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. There’ll be an opportunity to relax, ask questions and drink tea after class if you wish.
- 9 Sep – A life in crisis?Finding Existential Freedom
- 16 Sep – Can Helping become Harmful? The Power of Good Intentions using Wisdom
- 23 Sep – The constraints of dogma and logic, The Power Of Imagination
- 30 Sep – Feeling presurised, tense and reactive. True resilience through realising space in the mind.
- 21 Oct – Anger, pain and sadness. Quelling strong emotions with inner balance acceptance and peace
- 28 Oct – ‘Me myself and I’ – The insatiable ego. Liberating the wisdom self
- 11 Nov – The inner self critic – the war within ourselves. Finding lasting natural peace with the mind as our ally. The ultimate truce.
- 18 Nov – Modern world technology – information overload. Finding clarity and space through inner technology
- 25 Nov – Unrest and turbulence within our world. The Power of Love
- 9 Dec – Busy lives and cluttered minds – The fear of burn out. Connecting to peace and harmony within Using our natural resources
- 16 Dec – Our relentless quest for answers and certainty. Becoming the unknowing, unbiased observer. Realising wisdom
All are welcome. Each class is self contained so its not necessary to attend all of them, just those ones you are able to make.
£6 per class pay as you go. £3 concession rate available on request. Members go free.