10am – 11.15pm £6/class 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast
New Friday morning classes at Potala are a great opportunity to be guided in meditation and to listen to interesting talks that will inspire, uplift and help you to improve your state of mind and learn how to deal with problems and stress in a more constructive way.
These classes will be guided by Buddhist Nun and Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Chitta. Chitta has been a student of Buddhist Master Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for over 14 years and was appointed the Resident Teacher at Potala KBC. Chitta has been teaching and guiding retreats all over Northern Ireland and is known for her warmth and down to earth approach.
Each class starts with a guided breathing meditation, followed by a talk and a final guided meditation. There’ll be an opportunity to relax, ask questions and drink tea after class if you wish.
4 Jan – Stressed, anxious and reactive minds. Living from a reservoir of peace and clarity
11 Jan – Experiencing loneliness in a crowded world. The power of vulnerability.
1 Feb – The person behind the masquerade. The masks that disguise the true self.
- 8 Feb – Judgment, prejudice and discrimination. Becoming acceptant of self and others.
- 15 Feb – The relentless pursuit of happiness. Tapping into our inner source of peace.
- 8 Mar – Feeling life weary, deflated and tired. Finding true protection for the mind.
- 15 Mar – Harmful viewpoints that cause fear and hate. The true perspective of humanity.
- 22 Mar – The fullness of self. The emptiness of I.
- 29 Mar – Mid life crisis and emotional collapse. Living with spaciousness and clarity.
- 5 Apr – Rigid beliefs that harm us and our world. Pressing reset on expectations.
- 12 Apr – Under the influence of string emotions. Finding distance from our thoughts and feelings
All are welcome. Each class is self contained so its not necessary to attend all of them, just those ones you are able to make.
£6/class pay as you go. £3 concession on request. Members go free.