Sunday 29th May 2022 | 10am – 6pm | Cost £20.00 | Kadampa Meditation Centre 54 Peters Hill Belfast BT13 1BA & livestream or with video catch up.
A wonderful opportunity to join Kadampa Buddhist Teacher, Gen Chitta, for meditation at our new Kadampa Meditation Centre in Belfast.
About this event
Four sessions of guided meditations and talks based on Connecting to the Heart. Transcending all sense of limitation.
- Log on/Register 09:45 – 10:00
- Session One 10:00 – 11:00
- Session Two 12:00 – 13:00
- Session Three 15:00 – 16:00
- Session Four 17:00 – 18:00
Often our aspirations and confidence are directly dependent on external achievements. Perhaps, we feel good when we meet a work deadline, gain a promotion, set a personal best time in sport or pay off a debt. This good feeling soon dissipates and we quickly find ourselves back to square one. We often feel confused and deceived but continue a cycle of desperately chasing peace of mind and happiness in things that at best provide only fleeting happiness.
Where can we find true and reliable contentment and happiness? A freedom from a cycle of confusion and dissatisfaction
Fortunately the answers to these questions are closer than we think. We do not have to go any further than our own mind.
In this retreat Gen Chitta will guide us in meditations and teachings that explore
1) Where true satisfaction and happiness can be found.
2) How we can tap into an unlimited natural resource of peace and happiness from within our own mind
3) How everyone has the extraordinary potential to live every moment of their life from a boundless reservoir of peace, free from any sense of limitation.
Seating will be in your choice of chairs or matts and cushions.
Refreshments will be available in the breaks and you are welcome to bring your own lunch or pop out to the many nearby cafes.
There’s plenty of time between sessions to read, walk and relax, and the silence in the morning break will allow us the opportunity to reduce distractions and engage more fully with meditation and contemplation.
Everyone is welcome. The retreat is suitable to those new to meditation as well as experienced practitioners.