Zoom Thursday night and Sunday morning meditation classes with Gen Chitta right into your home, on your computer, tablet or phone!
EASY TO USE. ONE CLICK ACCESS. LEAVE YOUR OWN CAMERA AND MIC OFF.
- Who am I supposed to be? The power of self acceptance. In person and online
- 7pm Thur 2 Jul. with Gen Chitta @265 Ormeau Rd Belfast and ZOOM
- 10am Sun 5 Jul. with Gen Chitta ZOOM replay
- 7pm Tue 7 Jul. with Gen Chitta @11 Pump St Derry Londonderry
- 7pm Thur 9 Jul. with Bronagh Best @11 Pump St Derry Londonderry
- The invisibility of fear, insecurity and stress. Finding a confidence beyond the ordinary. In person and online
- 7pm Thur 9 Jul. with Gen Chitta @265 Ormeau Rd Belfast and ZOOM
- 10am Sun 12 Jul with Gen Chitta @Cityside Retail Park Belfast and ZOOM
- 6pm Mon 13 Jul. with Andrew Wallace @Cityside Retail Park Belfast
- 7pm Tue 14 Jul. with Gen Chitta @11 Pump St Derry Londonderry
- 7pm Thur 16 Jul. with Bronagh Best @11 Pump St Derry Londonderry
- Judgment, prejudice and discrimination. Becoming acceptant of self and others. In person and online
- 7pm Thur 16 Jul. with Gen Chitta @265 Ormeau Rd Belfast and ZOOM
- 10am Sun 19 Jul. with Gen Chitta @Cityside Retail Park Belfast and ZOOM
- 6pm Mon 20 Jul. with Andrew Wallace @Cityside Retail Park Belfast
- 7pm Tue 21 Jul. with Gen Chitta @11 Pump St Derry Londonderry
- 7pm Thur 23 Jul. with Bronagh Best @11 Pump St Derry Londonderry
- Dealing with depression. Radical view and practice.
- 7pm Thur 23 Jul. with Gen Chitta @265 Ormeau Rd Belfast and ZOOM
- 10am Sun 26 Jul with Gen Chitta ZOOM Replay
Classes are available to anyone with an interest in just meditation, or meditation and buddhist teachings made relevant to the modern age.
No special experience, clothing or equipment is needed. Complete beginners and those with years of experience can join in. You can sit on a chair or cross legged on a cushion. Everyone can do it.
Each classes includes:
- 25min guided breathing meditation
- 30min talk, pertaining to the class theme that week
- 15min guided meditation, to take the theme to heart, develop our own experience of it, as well as create positive intentions to carry out into that week.
Guided by local Buddhist Nun Gen Kelsang Chitta. A student of Tibetan Buddhist master Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche for 17 years, Gen Chitta has been guiding classes and retreats in NI for the last 10 years and can offer gentle guidance and the clear wisdom of ancient Buddhist practice in a way that’s suitable for everyone of any age, background or belief.
Online classes through Zoom are EASY TO USE. ONE CLICK ACCESS. LEAVE YOUR OWN CAMERA AND MIC OFF. If you book and miss the class we can send you a YouTube link to a recording to view at your convenience during the week.
Offering BOTH online and in person classes again as soon as restrictions allow indoor gatherings. We run a number of weekly classes in Belfast at 265 Ormeau Rd and Cityside Retail Park (next door to Costa), and in Derry-Londonderry at 11 Pump St, Studio 4 Garden of Reflection.
Fees range from a donation of £6 full price or £3 concession /class, £24 /month gives you access to all sessions and recordings, and we have a request system to access classes for free for those with low income.
Video Meditation classes also available by donation or request
Audio Meditation Classes available by donation or request
Live streamed UK wide from Manjushri KMC. See “Short Online Courses” at manjushri.org and weekend courses with Kadam Bridget Heyes meditateinnorthants.com
Here is some recent feedback on Gen Chitta’s classes
I have attended several Meditation Classes via Zoom with Potala Centre led by Gen Kelsang Chitta. The classes are excellent and very close to the “live” experience of attending Potala Centre. I usually turn my camera off during meditation and on during the teaching and that works great for me. The teachings from Gen Kelsang Chitta are as profound, accessible and relevant as always and the meditations relaxing and restorative. Having these classes available on Zoom is wonderful and they have become an essential part of my week. Valerie
In these uncertain times I think we all need some calm reflection more than ever! The zoom platform works really well and has allowed me to continue practicing meditation and the fact it is live stream helps you to feel connected to the class. With so much changing day by day, the opportunity to clear the mind, meditate and listen to a talk has greatly helped me to remain grounded and relaxed! Anita
Last week I attended my first ever session with Potala Centre after receiving a recommendation from a friend. I was concerned that the experience would be completely diminished using a video call but I am glad to report it was perfect. Lockdown has been stressful but the session last week helped to calm my nerves and realign myself to take on this challenge with a new energy and perspective. I would recommend this to anyone who is currently finding themselves exhausted from pandemic stress. Andrew
Gen Chitta is a wonderful teacher, using humor and examples from every day life to illustrate Buddhist teachings. Her gentle voice and rational explanations make great sense and help me to keep a peaceful mind during these uncertain times. The online classes work very well enabling us to share teachings and meditations even though we are far apart. We are very fortunate to have this opportunity. Catherine
I have valued the streamed classes as a way of keeping in touch with the practice of meditation and with Chitta’s always thought-provoking commentary. I’ll be hoping to continue to join in the sessions. Irene
Chitta’s sessions have been a real lifeline during these strange times of lockdown. I’ve attended three online meditation classes now and have already booked for another. Thankfully even when my income is low there are concession or donation options to suit my limited budget. Having been to classes in Potala I wasn’t sure how I’d find a virtual class, however the sense of community still persists. The relaxation and Chitta’s gentle reflections make the virtual sessions feel much more personal and engaging than I had imagined. I have even found that although I’m missing massage for pain conditions, the relaxation also eases my sore muscles. I think people who may be hesitant about attending a class may actually find the online session an easy introduction. As participants have audio muted there is no pressure to speak. You can keep your video off too if you wish and relax in your own home, not worrying how you look! I can’t recommend the zoom meditation classes enough. The mindfulness session allows time to reconnect with ourselves and helps to balance the current uncertainties of life. Thanks so much for the weekly chance to leave life’s stresses for an hour or so. Please keep them coming. Adele
Having participated in a few of the online meditations now I would highly recommend (and have done). I am so grateful for the online facility as every meditation and talk by Gen Chitta adds value to my week. Gen Chitta, thank you!! I always find the sessions give me a new perspective which I try to put into practice. The sessions are very easy to book and to join online. For anyone contemplating giving it a go I would say there’s nothing to lose and everything to gain so go for it. Angela
I really enjoyed my experience, the meditation was beautiful, I felt so relaxed and connected throughout. I look forward to joining again. this is the first time using zoom as I am quite resistant to technology however I found it simple to use. Thank you Gen Chitta. Ashlee