MEDITATION FOR EVERYONE
Free Outdoor and Indoor Classes this September and October
- Meet and greet, registration and orientation
- Introduction by the class teacher
- 15min guided breathing meditation
- 25min talk
- 10min guided positive affirmation meditation
In the talk we will share effective positive thinking methods that help to overcome feelings of isolation and learn to practice loving kindness meditation and meditation on our interconnectedness. We’ll explore the importance of mindfulness of our interdependence and interconnectedness, and of the commonalities shared amongst all people, regardless of perceived difference, as well as practices like watching the mind and acknowledging and accepting feelings.
Dates and locations
- Ormeau Park 2pm Sat 26 Sep. with Buddhist Nun Gen Chitta. (Specifically the flat green field to the back of the basketball courts and near the Ravenhill Rd park entrance MAP. Book at https://ormeau-free.eventbrite.co.uk
- Botanic Park 2pm Sat 3 Oct. with Kadampa Meditation Teacher Ian McGlade. (Specifically the grass slope next to the Tropical Ravine MAP) Book at https://botanic-free.eventbrite.co.uk
- CS Lewis Sq 2pm Sun 11 Oct. with Buddhist Nun Gen Chitta MAP (https://goo.gl/maps/MzdzhfbZQZRVobfK9) Book at https://cslewis-free.eventbrite.co.uk
- Cityside Retail Park Yorkgate 2pm Sun 18 Oct. with Kadampa Meditation Teacher Ian McGlade (Next door to Costa/ Free parking MAP) Book at https://cityside-free.eventbrite.co.uk
For the outdoor park events please bring your own seating (eg a camping chair or meditation cushions) and anything else you need to be comfortable for the duration of the class.
We will be observing physical distancing measures and providing hand sanitiser. You must not attend these events if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19.
If you miss out on one of these events we run ongoing classes at Cityside Yorkgate Belfast, at 265 Ormeau Rd Belfast & 11 Pump St Derry Londonderry. You can find out more details on our website MeditateNI.org or by Text/Whatsapp 07597773096 or email firstname.lastname@example.org